In the modern day times, the emergence of new infections/health disorders has become very common due to the Stress, may be due to physical constraints like lack of exercise or mental constraints like loads of restless work. The seasonal variations and the increasing pollution aggravates the susceptibility of the individual for various health disorders from mild infections to cancers. So, the knowledge of superfoods/elements which increase the ability to prevent the occurrence of the disease or control the progression of disease or heal the disease faster is essential and helps the individual to maintain a healthy life. Having the diet with immune boosters on daily basis is the key factor for prevention of most of the severe and dreadful diseases.
Following are the Top 10 Immune booster food/nutrients which keeps the person away from unhealthy battles.
1. Garlic: Garlic is the important ingredient of many dishes and is used to add flavour to it. Garlic contains two main ingredients namely ” allicin ” and ” sulfides ” which are anti inflammatory and they fight against the bacteria and prevent new infections. Garlic is also a healthy food good for heart. Most of the heart diseases are prevented by regular intake of garlic.
2. Green tea: Green tea contains L-Theanine which has anti infective properties and immune boosting properties. Green tea has few nutrients which keeps a person healthy by strengthening up the immune system and its regular intake helps in prevention of few cancers.
3. Vitamin D: Vitamin D though not available as a common ingredient in regular diet, the importance of it has to stressed among immune boosters as the role played by it in building up immunity is very major. Vitamin D is acquired when we are exposed to sun and can be obtained in the form of supplements or from fortified food. Vitamin D deficiency leads to development of autoimmune disorders and few cancers.
4. Fish: Fish is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and proteins, unlike red meat which is rich in saturated fats though rich in proteins. For those who consume meat on regular basis, replacing fish instead of other meat is an ideal thing. Omega-3 fatty acids have natural anti inflammatory action, thus preventing the occurrence of serious disorders. Salmon fish is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
5. Beta Carotene/Vitamin A: Diets rich in Beta carotene, a precursor of Vitamin A are important part of immune regulating foods as Vitamin A keeps the skin healthy. Skin is the first line of defense in Immune system for preventing most infections. Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A and beta carotene and daily intake is beneficial. Carrots as most of us know has Beta carotene in them and are good for Immune system.
6. Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits like Oranges, Lemon, Gooseberry are rich in ‘Vitamin C’ which is known for its healing power. Most of us know that citrus fruits help in fast cure from on going infection of cold/influenza. The most interesting fact of Vitamin C is, it also helps in building up immunity and keeps us away from few viral infections.
7. Mushrooms: Mushrooms are rich in Beta glucans and Vitamin D. Mushrooms taken twice a week in the diet can reduce the occurrence of cancer. Mushroom has got anti inflammatory and DNA protecting nature and it is proved that their regular intake can prevent Breast, Colorectal cancers.
8. Fibre rich diets: Fibre rich diet keeps the intestinal tract clean and avoid toxins accumulating in the GIT. They clear the harmful bacteria effectively and boost up the immune system. Fibre is rich in whole grains, fruits, vegetables.
9. Broccoli: Vegetables of Cruciferous family are highly nutritious and they are vitamin rich foods. Broccoli is rich in Antioxidants and rich in vitamin C, E and A. It has to be taken as raw to obtain complete nutrition.
10. Anti-Oxidant rich foods : Antioxidants are rich in Blueberries, Apples, Cinnamon, Spinach and other green vegetables. Antioxidants are anti infective and cancer fighting agents. They prevent free radical deposition and destroy free radicals which lead to cancer prevention.
Adding few or most of these immune boosting foods as a part of regular diet is the simplest and best way of keeping yourself healthy, it keeps you away from most of the infections and cancers.